ORGANIZED BY GENERAL AUTHORITY OF CIVIL AVATION
The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia emerged from the Presidency of Civil Aviation in 2006. Since then GACA has been on a mission to become a main contributor to the GDP of the Kingdom while growing and modernizing its aviation sector employing mostly qualified Saudis.
Over the years, the Kingdom has achieved unprecedented growth and has made qualitative leaps in civil aviation, whose growth has helped to drive development at airports across Saudi Arabia, covering major developments in passenger transportation, air cargo, airport construction and equipment, air navigation and control.
Under the leadership of its Chairman and President, H.E. Sulaiman Al-Hamdan and H.E. Dr. Faisal Al Sugair, Vice-Chairman and Vice-President, GACA currently oversees economic and safety regulation, air navigation services and the operations of Saudi Arabia’s 27 existing airports comprising 5 international, 9 regional and 13 domestic airports with a collective passenger throughput of 75 million as of 2014.
To create a safe and secure aviation environment in accordance with the most rigorous international safety standards, and build a modern airports system that offers consistently exceptional, state-of-the-art service.
To develop the air transport industry in accordance with the latest international standards, strengthen the position of the Kingdom as a globally influential player in civil aviation, achieve financial growth and sustainability, and enforce the relevant rules, regulations and procedures to ensure air transport safety and security.
GACA Key Messages
- To develop financial resources for GACA and operate in accordance with commercial considerations in order to achieve financial independence
- To promote investment opportunities in the air transport sector
- To provide optimal service to pilgrims and travelers in accordance with high international standards
- To develop, construct, manage and operate the infrastructure for the air transport sector through the use of state-of-the-art technologies and systems
- To establish procedures and practices to ensure a safe and secure air transportation environment
- To develop effective air transport operations and maintenance measures in line with latest international standards
- To achieve optimal utilization of human resources and ensure maximum employee satisfaction by facilitating safe and comfortable working environments
- To strengthen regional and international cooperation and ensure active participation of the Kingdom in decision-making processes in the air transport industry
- To protect the environment by limiting the negative impact of air transportation
- To develop the air transport sector in accordance with the latest international practices
- To develop and transform strategic business units and activities into viable, independent business entities
- GACA is a leading contributor to Saudi Arabia’s economic diversification efforts
- GACA is transforming Saudi Arabia’s aviation sector profitability and performance through privatization
- GACA adopts and deploys the best ICT solutions to ensure aviation safety and air traffic regularity
- GACA establishes and implements Saudi Arabia’s civil aviation policies and protocols
- GACA ensures performance excellence by Saudi Arabia’s civil aviation industry
- GACA empowers the Kingdom’s local workforce through its Saudization efforts