Hotel Reservations/Return Airline Bookings
- Participants are requested to ensure that their return airline booking is confirmed, soon after their arrival in Jedda -KSA, through their respective hotel reception desk. You will need to arrange your own hotel reservation. Please to refer to this link for the list of Hotel with special GACA/ACAC rate.
- GACA will assure transportation of participants which confirmed their attendance to the GA meeting by sending their registration form (Annex C) from the airport to the hotel venue and return.
- Transportation between other hotels not indicated in the list and the meetings venue could be provided at own request
Some useful travel information
- Participants are advised to have insurance coverage for any unexpected contingency and Medical Coverage including a Valid Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever.
All foreign nationals entering Jedda- Saudi Arabia must possess valid passports or other valid documents for travel
It is mandatory that all required participants obtain official visas from the Saudi Arabia’s Embassy or Consulate in their country prior to their departure for Jedda.
- Currency, Credit Cards and banking services
The official currency of Saudi Arabi is Riyal-Saoudien (SAR)
according to 29/03/2016
Coins frequently used:
|SAR to Euro
||SAR to US Dollars
|1 SAR= 0.2384 €
||1.00 SAR=0.266585 USD
|4.195 SAR= 1 €
||1 USD= 3.75115 SAR
Banknotes frequently used :
- 1 Riyal = 100 halalas
- 1, 2, 5 et 10 qurush et 5, 10, 25, 50 et 100 halalas.
Other useful information
- 1 riyal, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 et 500 Riyals-Saudi Arabia
- International Credit Cards, such as American Express, Visa, Master Charge, etc. are usually accepted at most hotels, department stores and restaurants.
- All commercial banks exchange major foreign currencies and are open 0830-1530 hours Sunday through Thursday.
- US Dollars, Euros and English Sterling are generally easy to exchange or use in touristic areas.
Be prepared to bargain in small shops, sidewalk vendors etc. However, in large stores, the prices are fixed.
- Weather Conditions
The main daily maximum and minimum temperatures for the month of May are between 23ºC to 35ºC.
- Electricity supply
The electricity supply is 220v/60Hz. The power sockets used are of type A / B / F / G. For power sockets of type F you need a power plug adaptor. For power sockets of type A / B you need a power plug adapter. For power sockets of type G you do not need a power plug adaptor. This website provides general information for people all over the world. If you live in the UK, please visit http://www.powerplugadapter.uk/saudi-arabia/ for more specific information.